Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Looking for advice

I have always wanted to illustrate a children's book. I have the opportunity to work with someone who saw my blog and likes my style of work. One problem. He wants to know how much I will charge. HELP??? I have no idea how to price this sort of work. Do you charge for comps and finals. Do you charge for revisions? Is there just one flat fee?

This is a book for elementary school children and so far that is all I know. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

1 comment:

lindsay.illustration@gmail.com said...

Haven't had a paid job yet so I'm not sure how helpful I can be. First, congrats! Second, have you read the book "Pricing & Ethical Guidelines" by the Graphic Artists Guild? It's supposed to be very useful for pricing yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Artists-Guild-Handbook-Guidelines/dp/0932102115