Sunday, August 30, 2009

HTML help!

Hello fellow artists! Hope you've had a productive summer. The Midwest was rather chilly, so instead of pool time I stayed indoors, rearranged my studio and got down to business. I just put up a fall blog header and buttons on my blog. Feedback is appreciated!

Does anyone have HTML experience? I am shaky, at best. My blog buttons are supposed to link up smoothly together but they have a white space between them. This is my code:






What needs to change? Thanks in advance!

-Lj

ETA: So, I'm noticing that my post shows the images and not the code, and the email shows the images with no space between them. But you'll see the problem on my blog. Argh!

2 comments:

eleanor said...

hey lindsay,
sorry i didn't reply sooner, but i'm pretty bad at html so i can't give you much advice here. i use dreamweaver because it does all that for me :)

btw, i LOVE the new pieces on your website...the natural cleaning product one and the recipes especially, nice work! your work has progressed a lot since i joined this critique group and looks really great.

like you, i also just sent out a fall mailer using this image:
http://www.eleanorborelli.com/portfoliocracked.html
its not particularly "fally" but hopefully it will generate some interest! question for you if you have a minute to go to my website...someone told me the images were loading really slowly for them, do you experience this?

thanks!
eleanor

lindsay.illustration@gmail.com said...

Eleanor, thanks for the compliments. I think the gray tones in your mailer definitely remind me of fall.

I don't think your images load too slowly. There is a small pause before they upload, but it is so short that it is more like a blink.

Keep making art, ladies!

-Lj