Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Introduction: Elizabeth

Hello new virtual friends! I'm Elizabeth Metz from Cincinnati. (Nikki, looks like we're kind of neighbors, huh?) My full-time day job finds me coordinating programs in a university office of community service. My medium of choice when illustrating (evenings, weekends... whenever I can find time AND energy at the same time) is pastel on textured paper. I'm also partial to a good old-fashioned pencil sketch now and then.

I've had a very small amount of professional experience in illustration but I've got a long way to go. I've done a handful of postcard mailings in the past year and am currently working on a bigger, belated "introduction to Elizabeth" package for a targeted group of art directors, so I'm sure I'll be looking for some feedback on the pieces that will be a part of that. I participate in Illustration Friday a few times a month, which is where a lot of my recent work has come from. I LOVE the inspiration and the camaraderie of IF, but I look forward to the honest criticisms (and subsequent learning and development) that a critique group could provide.

Besides all that, I love being outside, watching baseball, fresh produce and other delicious treats, making lists, exploring and impacting my community, libraries (especially the children's and the cooking sections), garage sales, public transportation, and quoting my favorite movies and TV shows instead of coming up with my own witticisms.

Glad to be here!

No comments: