Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Introduction

My name is Nikki Shoemaker. I am the graphic designer for a library system in  Southwest, Ohio by day and I illustrate by night and weekends. I graduated from Columbus College of Art and Design with a BFA in Illustration. I am finishing up my first book now. It should go the printer any day... More on that later!

I am riding the wave of this book... It has inspired me to create a new portfolio which I am working on now. I wanted to join a critque group to get feedback on the pieces I may want to include in my new portfolio. Critques were very hard in college, and you get used to people giving you serious opinions of your work. I have been looking for that for a while without finding it. I actually like it more when people give me their honest opinion. Do you ever find yourself tired of hearing you're great all the time? I am hoping this group will help sort out the kinks in my work!

I try to keep up with Illustration Friday, but I have been super busy lately with murals.... 

Things are slowing down and I am focused on the portfolio work... 

Can't wait to share!!!!

No comments: